I expected this. I knew it would happen. I hoped it wouldn't. But it did.
I feel like a chubby bunny.
I look forward to the baby-bump that looks like a baby bump. I look forward to a round belly. (at least right now I do). I did not look forward to this feeling of 'thick'. This feeling of 'full/bloated/chubby'. Maybe it would help if I didn't eat ice cream so often...but mmmmmmm...tillamook chocolate ice cream is so yummy!
Jason is super excited. The whole 'hand on my belly with love in his eyes'. He's excited to be a dad.
Then we see a couple with a screaming child in full tantrum mode....and I feel a shift in Jason and myself as I get the sideways/downward glance to my belly and a shudder thru both of us. Because we know....(unlike parents who say..'that'll never be my child!') that our child will probably scream louder, longer, kick harder, and raise some serious hell.
But for now... the chubby bunny is doing fine. Happy, healthy, missing tasty craft brews, but loving the attention. :)
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Even though you many feel chubby, I am sure you look amazing!! Pregnant ladies are gorgeous and I am sure you are even more so.
Congrats to you and Jason dear friend!
Post a Comment