Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kicky and squirmy


26 weeks along and my innards are under a full hostile onslaught of fierce punches, kicks, pokes, grabs, and tantrums. The little bean found my ribs the other day and decided to use them for a spring board to push off of to hit something (some internal organ that didn't feel so good to get hit). This is going on day and night...and I love knowing that she is having the time of her life...but if this is any indication of how bonkers she is going to be when she actually gets out into the real world...I am totally screwed!
The belly is out enough that more and more people are getting bolder and asking to touch it. The walk towards me with hands outstretched mouthing 'BBAAAABBBBYYY'. I want run in the opposite direction screaming, or slap their hands away, or at least just want to say: 'Really? You want to touch my belly? Why? What do you expect to have happen? Is the kid going to give you a high five? Do you expect me to grant you 3 wishes if you rub my belly a certain way? Or are you just curious to see if I have a squishy or firm prego belly? Can I touch YOURS?'
My belly button is still an 'inny' and I am so happy about that. Being that I have never seen the inside of my belly button and I have always been secretly proud that I have (in my opinion) a good-looking 'inny', I am not sure how I feel about it turning inside out. I'm worried that the little bean is going to have a perfectly placed kick one of these days and my 'inny' will be suddenly shoved out unceremoniously into the light as an 'outy'!

No comments: