So, as this belly continues to expand...I am learning a lot of things. First off, I am utterly determined that this child of mine will continue the great tradition of being a 'chee-chee'-maniac (that's 'Olney' for Cheerios). We get a breakfast of Cheerios and soy milk just about every morning, and if that doesn't work, my featured attempt at chee-chee osmosis thru the belly button outa do the trick. :)
One of the other items I've learned is that I do have a twinge of regret for being such a stubborn brat in college with keeping that stupid naval ring. The thing never healed right, was infected constantly (gross, I know), and I kept it in believing with all my heart that is was the right (I mean cool) thing to do. So now, I have this lovely scar above my naval, and it looks a bit like I have 2 holes - belly button hole and top of the navel ring hole. Now if this turkey button ever pops....i'll have 3 holes once the lower naval ring hole shows up. I never invisioned being a 3-holed pregnant gal. hmmmmm....maybe I can put chee-chees in those holes too....more osmosis.
The last item I've learned is that I have a donkey line. And that my sister is happy about it. She actually THANKED me for having this line. This odd odd line that runs down the off-center of my belly. Off-center? what? Yes....either that line is off center or my belly button is. I'm leaning towards the line being off by about 1/2 inch to the right. So much for the human body being a mirror image of itself.
The bean is kicky, very kicky, and becoming much more demanding about lunch time. She is to the point that if I have a meeting over lunch, and havent' eaten yet - everyone around me gets to witness to my stomach convulsing with full bean-tantrum. It's quite impressive and uncomfortable. I never knew little feet had such power!
The days are warmer now at the beach and we get out to play as much as possible...so life is lovely and good.
No comments:
Post a Comment