Sunday, April 5, 2009

No Boy Bits

Jason and I went in for our first ultrasound last Tuesday. It was fun. It was exciting. It was very impressive that the tech could decipher what she was looking at to on the screen. I could see the hand, the foot and the face,...but to be able to tell and arm from a leg, or the organs, or the orientation of where she was looking...I was impressed! We were given just a couple of quick spread eagle shots and we didn't see any 'boy bits', so it looks like we are having a squirmy little girl. On that day the tech calculated that she was 1 lb and 21 weeks along, just about right on track for what we had be estimating. She has 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head, finger and toes look accounted for, and she was moving all over the place. Jason and I are happy and nervous at the same time, pretty typical I would guess for new parents. Jason is already prepping himself to be the lone male in the house and is readying himself for his heart to get wrapped around a little tiny pinky. We had a good talk about how even though this little gal is coming into our world, that I am still the first lady in his life, and that our relationship still comes first. I still hear my dad's words to Beth and I..."I chose your Mom, you two are a byproduct of our love, and if necessary, we can have other byproducts." :)
My belly is to the point now that people think I MIGHT be preggers....or I might just have a pooch. I like to let them squirm and decide on their own what to think and not offer give them any help in the decision. The best is when they get up the nerve to v-e-r-y tentatively ask if I'm pregnant. It brings a daily smile to my face. I don't know why...maybe it's just my way of having hormonal justice on the world. haha!
The next two days will be on pins and needles as I wait for the phone call or email from Beth and Joe with their impending labor with their little boy. Come on little monster-trout...you can come out and play any day now!!

No comments: